Yesterday (January 7, 2012) our office filed a motion that seeks to suppress all BrAC tests in pending cases in the state of Pennsylvania. This would cause all per se DUI cases to be dismissed in Pennsylvania regardless of the BrAC reported results.
Here has been the press coverage on the successful Linear Dynamic Range (LDR) challenge as well as the new Initial Calibration Challenge.
- Pa. Lawyer Wants To Do Away With Breathalyzers
- DUI cases in Pennsylvania may soon be under the microscope
- Pennsylvania: Judge Throws Out Breath Machine Evidence
- Lawyer seeks to have DUI breath tests halted in Pennsylvania
- Ban on breath tests sought for DUI suspects
- Court ruling calls into question DUI cases
- DUI appeals could jam Pennsylvania courts
- Dauphin County judge’s ruling on breathalyzer challenge could void thousands of DUI prosecutions
- Dauphin County DA to appeal breathalyzer ruling that defense experts say could have major impact on DUI cases
- Judge Rules Breath Testers Unreliable in Highest-Rate DUI Cases
- Lawyers: DUI breathalyzer rules won’t affect local cases
- Breath test results in Pennsylvania excluded from evidence based on challenge to the linear accuracy of the breath test machine
- Dauphin County Throws Out Breathalyzer Tests in DUI
- Philadelphia DUI Attorney Sees Tumult Ahead in Local Drunk-Driving Cases